Dog shows and Dog events
Dog shows have become a regular feature on the dog lovers’ calendar and they offer a great opportunity to meet other owners, breeders, charities, retailers and trainers as well as a great day our for the family, with something for everyone.
Since Covid-19 hit, many of the shows have been cancelled but gradually towards the end of 2021 some outdoor events have taken place and the first major indoor event is scheduled for November 2021. If you’ve never been to a show, there are lots to choose from. Crufts is by far the biggest but there are dogs shows of all sizes up and down the country. Hopefully we’ll see you at some of them as things slowly return to some sort of normality.
What is Discover Dogs?
Discover Dogs show held every year (2020 being the exception) at London ExCEL. Whether you’re already involved in the canine world or on the first step of the dog-owning journey, it provides the perfect place for some serious shopping – selling anything and everything for you and your pooch.
Barking Bags goes along every year to showcase our products, tell our story and show how important dogs are to us! We think that Discover Dogs is one of the key shows in the dog event calendar because of the sheer amount of information it offers, not only for the general public but traders like us too.
Should I attend even if I don’t yet have a dog or simply have a puppy?
The event provides the opportunity for prospective dog owners to meet breeders, to learn how to care, train and live with different breeds and help make responsible choices when buying a puppy or getting a dog. You can meet over 150 breeds and find out about some you’ve never heard of.
During lockdown, puppies became even more popular because we were all stuck indoors. If you have a lockdown puppy there’s a chance that they may have got so used to humans that they aren’t sure how to act around other dogs so this could be a great place got some advice.
What might I see if I go along to the show?
Discover Dogs is the perfect place for you to gain tips and tricks from world-class professionals on how to train your pooch to become acquainted with the outside world. As well as the amazing seminars on offer, there are also loads of trade stalls, demonstration events and opportunities to meet amazing charities.
- You will be able to meet people from various organisations such as The Young Kennel Club
- There’s a special kid zone with activities for young visitors
- There’ll be Crufts style agility shows which showcase the talents of many dogs and their trainers
- As well as the traditional shows, there’ll be entertainment for the whole family with events such as flyball and musical displays
- Medical Detection Dogs and the West Midlands police dog display team will be there with information and demonstrations
- Tons of trade stalls with guides and accessories for training your dogs - a perfect way to spoil your beloved pet! There are also lots of wonderful opportunities to buy Christmas gifts for your dogs and owners
Come and visit Barking Bags on stall TS87 this year. We’ll have our full range of bags for you to browse as well as some accessories.